welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Monday, May 1

The Simple Woman's Daybook {May Edition}

For Today

Looking out my window... spring on the mountain in all of her gentle hues


I am thinking... how sweet of my girls to treat me to an entire week at a most beloved spot...the little lake cabin in the mountains! I am over-the-moon excited! The packing begins today!


I am thankful... that my son and his fiancé are getting ready to close on their new home

One of my favorite things... half-price coupons for some of my favorite paint and drawing supplies

I am wearing... a favorite pair of Levi's. I am set on wearing them til holes appear on the knees and then I might continue wearing them, soft blue tee with a full-moon design on the front and barefeet

I am creating... some new hoop art using my Kaffe Fassett quarters...a gift from my daughter for my birthday




I am watching... the second season of Hell on Wheels

I am reading... always a little table full of things for my free moments


I am listening to... this  from their new album. I want to begin the summer off on the right foot. Seeing them in concert last year helped with that too!

In the garden...
that first beautiful load of mushroom mulch


I am hoping... we decide on a major life change soon and can stick to the plan one last time


I am learning... to just sit back and wait til the moment presents itself

In the kitchen... yummy goodness every day




Board Room



shared from my pinterest board  "the artful muse

full credit for this pin given here 

Shared Quote

"In the face of "too much" we gradually become dry, our hearts get tired, our energies become spare, and a mysterious longing for--we almost never have a name for it other than "a something"--rises up in us more and more. 
~Clarissa Pinkola Estés

A moment from my day... freshening up the mantle since all wood fires are now out




Post Script

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts.

~*~*~*~


The June Simple Woman's Daybook edition will be posted by June 5th

P.S. I hope you like my new blog header! If you would like to see more of the paper cut collages that I create, you can find the blog link on the sidebar. There you can subscribe and receive emails of anything new when I put them together.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

16 comments:

  1. As always your post is full of beautiful pictures. I enjoy that most of all. :) Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Hope you enjoy your time with your girls at the cabin. See you in June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica! I enjoyed your daybook as well. I bookmarked the site you shared which looks interesting. I really liked your quote!

      Delete
  2. I use to participate 10 years ago. At least I believe it was you. Love your photo's. Will link up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, so glad you posted your daybook.

      Delete
  3. Love the top two photos. I hope you and your girls have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki...yes, just back...swamped with laundry, but full of memories!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos, and thanks for hosting this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Anna! Thank you for always taking part :-)

      Delete
  5. I like reading your posts, it is like looking into the window and trying to gess what is going on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Smily...that is what is so neat about the daybook. It is just that for all who take part.

      Delete
  6. The lake where the cabin is located looks so peaceful and relaxing. The images from around your home are lovely. It's always a pleasure to see your creative work. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It is peaceful with no cell or wifi reception!

      Delete
  7. am so happy to have found you again, Peggy... and submitted my May 1st daybook...
    love your blog & photos... and can't wait to catch up with my fellow daybookers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are back Deborah and thank you for your daybook.

      Delete
  8. I've been so hit and miss for so long on here, but I am trying to get back into the habit. I miss seeing everyone's daybooks as well. Your's is lovely, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just sneaking in for a May Daybook. That garden dirt looks wonderful, I wonder what's growing in it by now?

    ReplyDelete