welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Monday, July 3

The Simple Woman's Daybook {July Edition}

For Today

Looking out my window... beautiful blue sky, not too hot and everything that stands true of July

I am thinking... of all the fun summer plans ahead

I am thankful... for the garden and how well it is producing this year...the mushroom soil was the ticket for building up the earth

One of my favorite things... taking part in online book studies. I love the community and the organized weeks for each session




I am wearing... comfy jean shorts, gray tee and totally loving my new haircut for summer

I am creating... places to put my paper cut journal pages.



I am watching... theater movies right and left this time of year

I am reading... a few new magazines and a few new-ish books. Loving the trial month of Amazon Prime, too



I am listening to... this and lov'n it even more than before...must be my age

In the garden... bowls and bowls of raspberries and buckets of peas



The two rows of spring onions are over, so the cucumber trellis goes up in those rows. Putting up the twine was good exercise for sure


As soon as the plants are tall enough all they need is a bit of help to climb

I am hoping... we can continue on without putting in the air conditioners

I am learning... just how important my children are and that another generation of your own life will carry on

In the kitchen... green things



Board Room




shared from my pinterest board  "gray the new black" 

{I created this board to encourage and inspire myself to continue the path of growing gray gracefully...it is working...no highlights this last hair appointment}

 no credit given 

Shared Quote

"We are spiritually out of shape. Many of us aren't in climbing shape. We get winded easily when it comes to our relationship with God. As long as the road stays level, we don't notice that our spirituality has become sedentary. But the hills of life expose our lack of spiritual depth"

from the just finished book, Put Your Warrior Boots On by Lisa Whittle
I can not tell you how many pages I have dog-eared, highlighted and pencil marked! Excellent!

A moment from my day... sitting on the back porch swing shelling peas...some of the best meditative practice there is. Thanking God for his bounty with every pod



Post Script

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts.

~*~*~*~


The July Simple Woman's Daybook edition will be posted by August 7th


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

10 comments:

  1. Happy July, Peggy! You have no idea how happy I was to see "gray the new black!"
    I've been staring at a box of hair coloring for the last two months, my first gray hairs appeared my senior year of high school, and all my memories of my Mom were of here silver-gray hair... promised myself it was getting colored tomorrow morning, but after seeing your post... um, I dunno lol Hope you all are having a wonderful holiday, deborah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Deborah, I am so glad that you noticed that prompt! Personally, I have never colored my hair (entire head), but for the past 4 years I have highlighted the top and side portion. Then, I found the fb groups that are all about growing gray and leaving the box color behind. These ladies were so encouraging that I decided to question the "need" and the "reason" to continue that practice. It has not been easy, but I am strong willed. I have found my lip color and blush have been a major help in making the change. Good luck with your continued desire to embrace your silver :-)

      Delete
  2. I always love reading your Daybook. Your pictures are always so lovely, and it makes me feel as if I'm right there. I hope you have a wonderful holiday tomorrow, and a fantastic month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! I appreciate your comment and the very same enjoyment to the summer for you!

      Delete
  3. Oh how I wish my hair would be that lovely of a grey. Alas, I am a blonde which means dullness all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not necessarily Mother Ghost...I think it is a frame of mind one might need. I bet it would not be dull :-)

      Delete
  4. I love your pictures! Thank you for continuing this daybook, I have been joining in from time to time for many years. I am just starting to get a few gray hairs, but I'm thinking I'm not going to color. My mom never did, and she has beautiful white-gray hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracey! Sorry just now seeing these last few comments for July. Yes, going natural in this day and age is becoming a bit easier. Women are finally seeing the freedom in doing so.

      Delete
  5. So late at getting around to read posts this month, but I very much enjoyed yours. I noticed the choice of pens and pencils pictured with your Bible study books...do you use the Precepts method of study?

    Love that you are growing gray gracefully. Every time I have to cover my gray roots (which is quite often with my dark, quick-growing hair) I think about it, but I don't know that I can survive the growing out phase. Or that I will like the shade I end up with. I fear my hair will be the same color as my aunts' which I refer to as sea hag gray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stacy! No, I am using the colored pencils to color a map while I am doing a study on the book, Finding I Am. It really helps to know the landscape of the Holy Lands while reading. I am on a fb group, Going Gray Guide and it is really an amazing group of women in all phases in doing the hair grow-out. Totally inspiring and encouraging in making a commitment.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/1578474939074185/

      Delete